Re: NTMail3 has open relay hole

From: Peter van Dijk (peterat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 11:52:40 PDT

    On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 12:07:17PM -0400, Geo. wrote:
    > NTMail version 3 has an open relay exploit that allows anyone to send mail
    > thru the server even if it's not local.
    >
    > See http://www.nthelp.com/40/ntmailspam.htm for the details.

    Note that the <> mentioned here is the empty envelope sender which is
    required for bounces. Allowing it thru is still kinda stupid tho. A spammer
    exploiting this doesn't have to care about where his bounces go either :)

    Greetz, Peter
    --
    | 'He broke my heart,    |                              Peter van Dijk |
         I broke his neck'   |                     peterat_private |