Re: Windows NT 4.0, 95, 98 (?) networked PRN flaw

From: STEVENS, Eric (Eric.Stevens@RP-RORER.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 12:25:23 PDT

    Well observed, but as I stated in my original email, prn.xxx can be deleted
    in this fashion while prn with out an extension is quite stubborn about it's
    place in the directory structure.  It would seem that a different line of
    code in the name parser declares prn to be bad than the one that declares
    prn.xxx to be bad.  The line to catch prn in a network path exists in the
    del parser, but no other parser, wile the line to catch prn.xxx does not
    exist in any parser.

    I've recieved several emails suggesting using the same method of deleting
    the file as I used to create it, and each of them has actually used a
    prn.xxx file instead of a prn file.  Please take note that they are
    distinctly different, prn.xxx has successfully been removed using the same
    method as creation while prn does not delete!

    ___ /--+   _____ eric.stevens@rp-rorer.com _____ \ ___
    __ /      ____ rpr graphics web design team _____ \ __
    _ `----+ x-eric-conspiracy: there is no conspiracy + _