more detail and summary of kod.c (igmp bug for windows)

From: klepto (kleptoat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 22:32:08 PDT

    Ok,
    here we go again..=20
    For those who are having trouble with kod, alot of you are using a very =
    old version which was the first i submitted.
    inserted is the lastest version which should work. I wrote kod.c aka =
    cherrycoke.c about 3-4 months ago.=20
    It sends a fragmented igmp packet to a windows client that states that =
    it is not fragmented but there are more frags to come
    windows assembles the packets and dies trying. Here is a dump of the =
    packet if you want to rewrite it.

    /* output via tcpdump or windump95
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: igmp-2 [v0][|igmp] (frag 52242:1480@0+) =
    (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@1480+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@2960+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@4440+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@5920+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@7400+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@8880+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@10360+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@11840+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@13320+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:1480@14800+) (ttl 128)
    63.66.66.44 > 24.128.158.18: (frag 52242:120@16280) (ttl 128)
    */

    ::notice the last frag it changed length..

    I have also ported kod to windows and please email me if you want a copy =
    of it.

    As far as I can tell due to my exaustive research on the subject it =
    works on 95/98/98se/2k(some betas)

    Friends of mine such as defile/nyt/ignitor/etc have rewritten kod to =
    suit there needs..

    I have tested kod.c out alot on many machines and it works 85% of the =
    time for me.
    There are circumstances to why kod doesn't always work, some routers my =
    drop igmp packets if
    the source isn't local so try spoofing =3D). As far as I can see netcom =
    and alot of .ca servers drop the kod packets.
    So please dont bark at me =3D) I just found the bug, wrote the code and =
    what you do with it is your concern =3D).

    Patch:
    (no hotfix currently)
    If you want to protect yourself from kod.c I suggest you get winroute =
    from www.winroute.com
    get version 4.. It automatically drops igmp packets incoming and =
    outgoing ha =3D)
    It is also a very good portmapper/NAT firewall/ip masqer as well..

    Shoutouts: =
    amputee/ignitor/nizda/antibyte/codelogic/ill`/chord/cheesebal/traveler/wi=
    nx/naz/dist/mrcide/etc...
    (gotta give shoutouts)

    hasta,

    klepto@Efnet