(no subject)

From: sbr (sbrat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 14:31:15 PDT

    I recently started using a new editor called joe, with this editor there is
    a feature that if your existing session is terminated, it creates a DEADJOE
    in the directory.  While editing my shadow file my connection was
    terminated, thus leaving the DEADJOE in my /etc directory that was world
    readable containing my entire shadow file.  I think the problem is self
    explanitory.  I have emailed the creator and there is no feature to disable
    this that I can find or mentioned in the email.  My umask setting does not
    seem to affect the permissions of DEADJOE.

    The operating system is Debian Linux 2.1 kernel 2.2.10 i386.

    	- Spencer.