Re: ircd exploit in ircu based code (fwd)

From: Matt Hallacy (poptixat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 18:42:49 PDT

    Nemesi, this is present in 2.10.06, lulea-r, ann-arbor, plano, Gothenburq,
    and toronto are for sure suseptible (they crashed, heh) and thus the
    reason for the latest patch to the repository, nullchan.patch.

    It was fixed and patches were submitted to undernet-adminsat_private 3
    or 4 days ago, and since the public posting of it the nullchan.patch was
    sent to coder-comat_private and the patch was added to the CVS.

    Other networks suseptible:

    BeyondIRC (fixed already)
    Oz.Org (Ex section of Undernet in Austraila)
    AfterNET
    AsianNET

    and any other irc network based on 2.9.30 or so (including 2.10.x)