Re: Antisniff thoughts

From: blue0ne (coolwhipieat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 17:01:59 PDT

    Another way to provide IDS ability and completely pull the NIC of the
    network in question, (not to mention create lots of interesting
    possibilities), is to apply the use of a Shomiti Century Tap.  passively
    recreates both rx on a full duplex link, and funnels them off to two twisted
    pair cables respectively.  PLug these two, or as many as you want really,
    into a switch that allows port spanning/mirroring, and voila.  I've done
    this in many situations, and it works great.

    http://www.shomiti.com

    I dont work for them, I just use their stuff.

    Blue