Re: IE5 ActiveX security bug

From: Adam H. Pendleton (apendletonat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 11:34:17 PDT

    Assuming that this would apply to non-malicious ActiveX controls, I can not
    reproduce this condition with IE 5 on Windows NT.  I have set the ActiveX
    setting to "Prompt.." and went to http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/.  The
    first time, I selected "Yes", and the virtual tour picture activated.  I
    closed IE5, went back to the page, selected no, and it did NOT run.  Even
    going back to the page, I was still prompted, and could not get the control
    to run again without selecting yes.  Perhaps this is a unique case, or a
    caching issue.

    Adam