FW1 UDP Port 0 DoS

From: Malikai (malikaiat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 06:19:02 PDT

    Hi,

    	Forgive me if this has allready been identified, but after doing a
    search on the archives, I have found nothing relating to this issue. There
    is a known bug with FireWall-1 relating to any (presumably) udp packet
    destined to any (through the vpn) host at port 0. This bug was identified
    by someone I do not know of, however since it has not yet been disclosed
    (to my knowledge) on this or any other public forum. This issue is valid
    for (to my knowledge) any flavor of encryption (DES, 3DES, FWZ1, ISAKMP,
    etc.). I know that this issue has been known over there at checkpoint for
    some time now, and to my current understanding it has yet to be fixed.

    Malikai