Re: FlowPoint DSL router vulnerability

From: Scott Drassinower (scottdat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 09:07:05 PDT

    It involves a bug that allows a password recovery feature to be utilized
    from the LAN or WAN instead of just the serial console port.

    Basically, throwing enough 6 digit numbers at a pre-3.0.8 router will
    allow you to get access to the box to do whatever you want.  It appears as
    if the problem started in 3.0.4, but I am not totally certain about that.

    --
     Scott M. Drassinower					    scottdat_private
     Cloud 9 Consulting, Inc.			       	     White Plains, NY