Re: FlowPoint DSL router vulnerability

From: Chris J Burris (chrisat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 22:23:38 PDT

    Verified using tcpdump, the flowpoint configuration manager indeed does
    use SNMP to communicate, hence the simple solution would be turn off
    SNMP [And telnet] (you shouldn't be running this if you don't need to
    anyway).

    Although it does discourage me that even after I flashed my router to
    v3.0.8, the login prompt [for Telnet]does not disconnect me after a
    certain number of retries (3, like Cisco IOS, would be a decent number).

    Regards,

    Chris J Burris
    IntraACTIVE, Inc.
    http://www.intraactive.com/