Re: Possible Windows 9x Shared Printers Security Hole

From: x-empt [ lvhc / lou ] (lvhc@URBAN-A.NET)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 18:57:10 PDT

    This is not only on Windows 95.  I believe it occurs on all Win32s.

    It is known and there have been previous messages about this subject and
    shared files which are readable.

    	Try: \\win9xserver\PRINTER$

    Currently, I have READ access to my x:\windows\system\ directory on my
    Windows 98 box in this share... "oops"

    Please read:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=1&date=1998-10-29&msg=CB6657D3A5E0D111A97700805FFE65875D79CA@RED-MSG-51

    For more information.