Re: vlock + magic SysRQ key

From: Tim Fletcher (tim@NIGHT-SHADE.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 17:42:35 PDT

    Following an email exchange with the Slackware maintainer Patrick J.
    Volkerding <volkerdiat_private> he put the Magic SysRq in all the
    prebuilt kernels shipped with slackware 4.0. I guess this was a bad idea
    on my part.

    I would still like to see Magic SysRq in install disk kernels as it helps
    to debug installs that die.

    Also I note from the 2.2.11 changelog that Magic SysRq can be runtime
    enabled / disabled

    Thou the kernel src tree from Slackware 4.0 is pristene 2.2.6, so any home
    make kernels will have the SysRq turned off by default

    <Snip>

    --

          Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                        /V\       L   I   N   U   X

    Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds.  Biochemistry
    is the study of carbon compounds that crawl.
                    -- Mike Adams