Re: Insecure use of file in /tmp by trn

From: Martin Schulze (joeyat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 29 1999 - 23:24:17 PDT

    Theo de Raadt wrote:
    > Funny how the man page does not say that this is derived from OpenBSD.

    That's not correct!  Ben was so kind not to quote the entire manpage
    but only its relevant paragraphs.  I read a strange attitiude between
    your lines.  Anyway, here is the end of that manpage:

    BUGS
         The BSD -d option, which uses mkdtemp(2),  is not supported under Linux.

    SEE ALSO
         mkstemp(3),  mktemp(3),  tempfile(1)

    HISTORY
         The mktemp utility appeared in OpenBSD.

    BSD Experimental              November, 20, 1996                             2

    So OpenBSD gets proper credits, no need to be annoyed.

    Regards,

    	Joey

    --
    Linux - the choice of a GNU generation.