gftp

From: Oscar Haeger (viggenat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 02:29:15 PDT

    Hello.
    In gFTP1.13, an FTP-client that ships with RH6.0 the password is displayed in
    plain text in the log window and is also saved in plain text if you choose to
    save a logfile.
    Granted this is not a really big deal but if you save your download-files (and
    logfile) on a public area you would be giving away your password.
    I have spoken with the author and he has some new versions out which he
    recommends that you get and install.
    http://gftp.seol.org/
    Latest version is 2.0.4 but this particular bug was fixed in 2.0.0.

    The reason why I send this to bugtraq is that this ftp-client is (one
    of) the default ftp-clients in RH6.0 and if you don't know about it then perhaps
    you won't go through the trouble of an upgrade.

    //Oscar