[Sybase] software vendors do not think about old bugs

From: Domas Mituzas (midomat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 05:37:01 PDT

    Hello all,

    recently I found, that Sybase PowerDynamo personal web server knows how to
    handle ../../ queries. I could see the whole disk via web browser :-) This
    was found on a rather new release (3.0.0.652) of PD personal web server,
    that is included into Enterprise Aplication studio and together with
    PowerDynamo in other boxes. This "feature" works both with static and
    dynamic file sites (I didn't check database site).

    Of course, as it is "personal" web server, such features may be left. But
    as the same bugs were in MS and other servers, it is a thing we should
    concern - why do software vendors not look at old bugs of other products,
    so they could avoid theirs?

    With respect,
    Domas Mituzas