Re: remote DoS against inetd and ssh

From: Vincent Janelle (malokaiat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 12:36:24 PDT

    This works against a lot of other stuff too.. Thats the problem with
    inetd, unless you use xinetd.  It doesn't really support the limiting of
    the number of processes that can be open.  Its quite easy to fill the
    process table if you can make enough of the processes linger around.

    Why run ssh from inetd anyways?  I thought thats what its daemon mode is
    for.  If you're worried about it crashing, use the daemontools package,
    and 'supervise' it.  It'll get restarted if the process dies.

    Real roxen error message: Error: The server failed to fulfill your query, due
    to an internal error in the internal error routine.
    --http://random.gimp.org --mailto:randomat_private --UIN 23939474