the morning after: VLAN Security

From: llynchat_private
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 20:27:13 PDT

    >>The following is a stereo (2 Mikes) message
    >>[Mike <A
    HREF="mailto:S=strangeat_private">S=strangeat_private<
    /A> -
    >>Mike <A
    HREF="mailto:F=frantzenat_private">F=frantzen@exp
    ert.cc.purdue.edu</A>]....

    >>[Mike F:]
    >>I tested this feature on a 2924 Enterprise switch with a
    Cisco 2514
    >>(IOS 12.0 IP Enterprise feature set) recently, and it
    appears indeed
    >>to provide protection against directly writing to the MAC
    of the target.

    Pretty good for having blading on the brain...
    If I recall correctly, 2514's are unable to support
    Trunking.  So it was a
    Cisco 45xx with FastEthernet card, but you already knew
    that.  Just trying
    to confuse us, once again, I see...

    -LLL

    >>To further confuse the reader, I must point out that the
    802.10 frame spec
    >>(for use on the trunk line) includes a boolean flag for
    fragmented ether
    >>frames.  Cisco's documentation claims to ignore the
    fragmentation field...