Re: Nmap and Cisco Dos, clarification --

From: Lisa Napier (lnapierat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 17:30:54 PDT

    Hi Andrew,

    The message you are quoting from me was my attempt to refute the possible
    causes suggested by another poster, not as a suggestion for the reasoning
    behind the nmap problem.   I was attempting to indicate that I did not
    think that ARP was the problem, but was waiting for further testing and
    details, which I did not have at the time.

    Apologies, as I was not clear in my message.  I believe my later follow up
    message of 9/15/99 is exactly in-line with what Kenny had tested in house.

    Just further clarification.

    Thank you,

    Lisa Napier
    Product Security Incident Response Team