Re: Internet Explorer 5.0 & AOL Instant Messenger 3.x (latest

From: Peter Haglund (peter.hat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 02:00:35 PDT

    >US Version of Internet Explorer 5.0 does not know the german characters like
    >"ü", "ö", "ä". When you move your mousepointer over such a link containing
    >such characters as URL, your mousepointer will not become a pointing hand.

    I created a page with a link to a page called "öl.html" and it works just
    fine with both IE5 and Netscape 4.61 on NT4 as well as win98 (2nd edition)

    I don't know how you  define "US Version" but as far as I know mine is a US
    Version (the one on win98 is the built-in IE5 and the one I use on NT came
    with Office 2K)

    /Peter