Re: [arkeia-list] Multiple vendor Knox Arkiea local root/remote

From: Sam B. Siegel (ssiegelat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 12:16:28 PDT

    Dear Mr. Tellier,

    Thanks for identifying a potential serious security error in Arkeia.  Our
    engineering team will look at this closely.

    In the future we would appreciate it if you could identify problems,
    especially security related problems, to supportat_private  By posting
    the email, with 'C' source code to a public mailing list, you have revealed
    potentially harmfully information to any and all readers of this list.
     This information could then be distributed to an even wider audience
    without our knowledge.  We would have liked the opportunity to address any
    security related issues in private so that any hole could be plugged before
    an unscrupulous individual attempts to take advantage of it.  Your actions
    have potentially put all users of Arkeia at risk for a security breach.  We
    do not appreciate this at all.

    Best regards,
    Sam Siegel
    President