ufsdump problem under Solaris 2.6 with ufs.c

From: posix (furyat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 14:59:49 PDT

    A while ago somebody posted source for an exploit using ufsdump under
    Solaris 2.x. ( ufs.c )

    I checked out Sun's site and looked for which patches were released to
    correct this problem. All of them appear to be for Solaris 2.5.1.

    We have applied the latest cluster patch on this new box
    ( 2.6_Recommended.tar Sep 15/99 ) ( after a fresh install of Solaris ),
    yet ufsdump still is exploitable on this system.

    Was there a patch to fix this problem under 2.6?
    ( other than turning off the setUID bit )

    Many thanx in advance...

    ----
    Richard Stride
    "Fear conquers understanding. Understanding conquers fear"