Re: Linux GNOME exploit

From: Brock Tellier (btellierat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 14:35:50 PDT

        We may be missing the point here.  This isn't necessarily a nethack
    or RH 6.0 vulnerability, it is a GNOME vulnerability and nothing more.
    The "redhat" and "nethack" names were purely for demonstration purposes.
    If Red Hat is concerned about losing face over an vulnerability like
    this, perhaps they should consult those who package Mandrake as "Red Hat
    Linux 6.0 with enhancements" and ship it with /etc/redhat-release.

    -Brock