Re: RFP9903: AeDubug vulnerabilty

From: Jesper M. Johansson (jjohanssat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 15:13:50 PDT

    >>I have a machine which Dr.Watsons reliably when running SRVINFO.EXE
    >>against a particular host (I haven't figured out why yet...)
    >
    >Maybe a samba box?  Samba will often give things back to Win32 API calls
    >that NT won't and it can violate the programmer's assumptions.

    FYI, this most likely happened because he was using the NT Resource Kit
    Supplement 2 version of SRVINFO.EXE. It would Dr. Watson when run against a
    machine that had any hotfixes installed. Use the Supplement 3 version of
    SRVINFO.EXE instead.

    Jesper

    Jesper M. Johansson, Ph.D.
    Assistant Professor, Boston University