Re: Compaq Alpha Bounds Checking

From: Brett Lymn (blymnat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 18:24:55 PDT

    According to Crispin Cowan:

    >.  Since a very large proportion of
    >"array bounds" problems have to do with improper use of library functions, this
    >is a critical issue.

    FWIW Luke Mewburn has added basic argument checking to the NetBSD libc
    code, not bounds checking but still helpful.  I believe this work has
    been put into NetBSD-current as an optional feature due to the fact
    that the argument checking _can_ have a significant negative effect on
    the library call performance.