Re: IBM AIX Packet Filter module

From: Troy A. Bollinger (troyat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 11:47:40 PDT

    Quoting Brumbles (brummieat_private):

    > I have tried unsuccessfully to get any response from IBM on the following,
    > apparently unless you have a support contract you cant report bugs..
    > (well.. you can.. "Program Services", but thats a link to /dev/null
    > apparently.)

    You can always send new AIX vulnerabilities to the
    security-alertat_private mail address.

    > AixLevel AIX4.3.2
    > Packet Filtering Module, in particular the command genfilt does not allow
    > the addition of filters with port numbers greater than 32767

    I've opened defect 289790 to address this.  It appears to be caused by
    using a "short" instead of an "unsigned short" for the port number.

    --
    Troy Bollinger                            troyat_private
    AIX Security Development        security-alertat_private