Re: HP automountd security bulletin

From: Byron Miller (cybrthngat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 12:17:14 PDT

    I believe automounter is required, as with NFS when using PFS mounts.

    Which if you run Oracle, and ever have to install anything you will need it
    enabled, as does anything with the rockridge cdrom format.

    Other then that.. you can disable it.. enable it when you need to mount, and
    then disable again.

    i tell you, i could kill Oracle sometimes because of that damn pfs_mount,
    nothing but problems.. "nfs lock while blah blah blah"... the oracle
    consultant here looked up internal notes and found hundreds of these
    problems across platforms (solaris, aix, hp).

    -byron