Re: Windows NT Spooler Service.

From: Marc (Marcat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 07:52:00 PST

    eEye is a full disclosure company but the blame must be pinned on me cause i
    fubbled it up. I miss placed my information on the remote overflow and do
    not remember exactly where it was. Hence no example exploit was in our
    advisory like we try to do. Soon as I find it I will post it to bugtraq.

    Some information to keep you busy until then:
    Look through the print spooler API's for the word "pName" any API with pName
    most likely works remote. Then check the API to see if it uses a structure.
    The one that worked remotely had a structure you passed with the overflow
    being in the structure when it gets read in. That should cut down the search
    a lot.

    Signed,
    Marc
    eEye Digital Security Team