Re: rpc.nfsd exploit code

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 14:19:27 PST

    Mariusz Marcinkiewicz wrote:

    > hi,
    > patch was published so i can send you exploit code

    We were unable to get this sploit to actually produce a root shell on an
    unprotected nfsd.  However, we were able to get it to produce a StackGuard
    intrusion alert when we used it to attack the StackGuarded nfsd.  Here's the
    intrusion alert StackGuard dropped into syslog:

    Nov 11 13:03:42 kryten rpc.nfsd[330]: Immunix type 1 Canary[0] = aff0d died with
    cadaver fff60661 in procedure
    fh_compose.

    Here's the StackGuarded nfsd:
    http://immunix.org/StackGuard/RH52/RPMS/nfs-server-2.2beta37-1_SG12.i386.rpm