TooRcon Computer Security Expo Announces Pre-Registration

From: Ben (skaloreat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 17:46:21 PST

    TOORCON COMPUTER SECURITY EXPO PRE-REGISTRATION INFORMATION

    Please continue reading for information on what TooRcon is, where is it,
    how much is it and other pertinent information.

    Thanks!

    - The Staff of TooRcon Computer Security Expo

    1.0 - When is TooRcon
    2.0 - What is TooRcon
    3.0 - Where is TooRcon
    4.0 - How Much is TooRcon
    5.0 - Where To Get More Information
    6.0 - TooRcon Pre-Registration Form

    1.0:
    WHEN IS TOORCON
    ----------------

    TooRcon is September 1st-3rd, 2000.

    2.0:
    WHAT IS TOORCON
    ----------------

    TooRcon is an annual computer security convention in San Diego,
    California. We are now in our second year, and our first convention was
    an absolute successs. Overwhelmingly participants
    said they are looking forward to next year. Sadly, we had more people
    then seats, and walls became resting places.

    TooRcon takes a new home for its second year at the San Diego Concourse,

    the sister building of the San Diego Convention Center. We have reserved

    four times the amount of space than last
    year and we plan to use every square foot of it. We have expanded the
    TooRcon agenda to three days, and two more combined hours of planning.
    The first day will be an all night party in a place
    yet to be determined. Downtown San Diego is known for its wild night
    life and we are still in the process of determining which club to go
    with.

    Saturday and Sunday will start the core of TooRcon, its lectures lineup.

    We have expanded our very popular game, RootWars to be all day, both
    days, in a dedicated room of the TooRcon area.

    TooRcon 2000 Lectures Lineup Is:

    Saturday, September 2nd
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    10:00am - Welcome Notes
    10:30am - |Keynote Speaker|: Simple Nomad of Nomad Mobile Research
    Centre on The Future of Hacking
    11:30am - When the Last Line of Defense is Broken by Brian Martin
    (jericho) of Attrition
    12:30pm - Lunch
    2:00pm - Mandatory Access Control by palante
    3:00pm - The Art of Information Warfare Discussion and Book Signing by
    Rick Forno
    4:00pm - Libnet, What's Next? by Mike Schiffman (route), editor-in-chief

    of Phrack Magazine and Creator of Libnet
    5:00pm - Dinner
    6:00pm - Update on the Hacker Scene by Attrition Staff
    7:00pm - Media Panel
    8:00pm - Announcements

    Sunday, September 3rd
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    10:00am - Announcements
    10:30am - The Nemesis Project by obecian
    11:30am - How to Avoid IDS by Ron Gula of Network Security Wizards
    12:30pm - Lunch
    2:00pm - Experiences of Security Auditing Fortune 500 Companies by Mike
    Hudack of OSALL Network
    3:00pm - Open Source Intelligence Gathering with Alijandra Mogilner and
    Brooks Isoldi
    4:00pm - Security Issues with Net-Enabled Code by Ron Moritz of Finjan
    Software
    5:00pm - Dinner
    6:00pm - Real World NT Hacking, eEye Style by The Staff of eEye Digital
    Security
    7:00pm - Security Panel
    8:00pm - Announcements

    Of course to fully understand TooRcon you have to understand one of its
    most popular elements, RootWars. RootWars is a competitive real world
    simulation of penetration and defense. On the
    one hand you have the administrators and their servers, then on the
    other hand you have the crackers and their tools. What results is an
    explosive match of wits, and a chance to tighten your
    abilities. On Saturday you may choose to administer and defend against
    the onslaught of intrusions and on Sunday you may choose to be one of
    the onslaughters. It's up to you, but either way
    you look at it, it's not only enjoyment but a great learning experience.

    This year at RootWars we will be joined by the great guys at Network
    Security Wizards. They are going to monitor the network and also put up
    their awesome Dragon intrusion detection
    systems online to see how they fare. Maybe after Ron Gula's lecture on
    How to Avoid IDS, you will be able to break Dragon? We'll see...

    3.0:
    WHERE IS TOORCON
    -----------------

    TooRcon is located in San Diego, California. San Diego is known for its
    great weather, its beaches, and more recently the surge of computer
    technology happening in this city. The combination of
    the almost perfect weather with the great people make more and more
    companies want to relocate here. The growth of the tech industry in San
    Diego, has made us the Silicon Valley to the
    south.

    TooRcon 2000 is specifically located in the heart of San Diego.
    Downtown, is the hottest spot in the city. The Gaslamp Quarter comes to
    life at night, with hundreds of night clubs, dance clubs,
    bars, pool houses, etc. For more information on where TooRcon is visit
    http://www.toorcon.com/location.html.

    4.0:
    HOW MUCH IS TOORCON
    ---------------------

    Advance registration for TooRcon is only $30 USD. If you wish to pay at
    the door it is $40 USD.

    Benefits for Pre-Registration:

    - Guaranteed best seating during lectures
    - Priority for any special events
    - Deluxe editions of the TooRcon 2000 badge
    - First access to the all-night TooRcon party

    Of course, anything we give away or do that is limited, pre-registrees
    have priority.

    To pay in advance please fill out the form at the end of this document
    completely and send with $30 US Dollars to:

    Ben Greenberg
    PO BOX 927498
    San Diego, CA 92192-7498

    *If paying with check or money order, remember to make check out to "Ben

    Greenberg". Checks to TooRcon can not be processed. Thank You.

    **Cash, checks and money orders accepted. Upon receiving your
    registration, you will be notified by the eMail address you have
    provided. Please note, personal checks require a 10 day validation
    period, in which your registration status will
    be in question until funds are confirmed. TooRcon registration is
    non-refundable. If you do not receive an eMail confirmation within 14
    business days, please notify the staff at skaloreat_private

    5.0:
    FOR MORE INFORMATION
    ----------------------

    For all of your TooRcon information visit the official TooRcon website
    at
    http://www.toorcon.com

    If your company or organization would like to be an official sponsor of
    TooRcon 2000 visit the sponsor page at
    http://www.toorcon.com/sponsor.html

    All questions please direct to Ben Greenberg at
    skaloreat_private

    I will see you September 2000 at TooRcon!

    Ben Greenberg
    Chairman

    6.0:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    [TOORCON 2000 PRE-REGISTRATION]
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Thank you for choosing to pre-register for 2nd Annual TooRcon Computer
    Security Expo! We are glad to have you as a participant and hope you
    find your experience worthwhile.

    To insure that your pre-registration is processed correctly please fill
    out the following form in it's entirety and return it with the
    registration fees.

    Name (any name you wish to be registered under):
    __________________________
    Work Phone (optional): (___)___-____
    eMail address: ___________@______________
    Work Address (optional):
    City: _________________
    State: __
    Zipcode: _____-____
    I have enclosed: $30 USD multiplied by # _____ of attendees = $_____

    Is this your first time at TooRcon?: ( )yes ( )no
    Have you ever visited San Diego before?: ( )yes ( )no

    Any other information you feel we should know to maximize your
    experience:

    Please return to:

    Ben Greenberg
    PO Box 927498