Re: sshd1 allows unencrypted sessions regardless of server policy

From: Pavel Machek (pavelat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 13:00:21 PST

    Hi!

    > Because passphrase-less hostkeys are 'encrypted' with cipher "none"
    > the code for this cipher is always compiled into the programs.  This
    > way the client is free to choose "none" and no server will complain.

    And what? Malicious ssh client can make non-encrypted connection. But
    malicious ssh client can also send carbon-copy of all communication to
    www.cia.org:5000! There's no way to protect from malicious ssh
    clients...

    > The current version OpenSSH-1.2.1 is not vulnerable.  The obvious

    ...and I don't see why this is called vulnerability.
    								Pavel
    --
    I'm pavelat_private "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents me at discussat_private