Re: Local / Remote D.o.S Attack in War FTP Daemon 1.70

From: Ussr Labs (labsat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 08:03:43 PST

    yes that is true affect more than war ftp , but no affect many others like
    vermillon ftp or serv-u, the d.o.s program, make connections flood, to the
    war ftp and the war ftp stop responding, in the moment of program dos is
    running and in the moment aftet of the program dos, i test it in our 14
    machines of our labs, in some windows systems, win 95, win 98, win nt
    WorkStation, win nt server, and in all of this war ftp stop responding. not
    like Serv-u, Vermillon ftp, IIS 4.0 , IIS 3.0.

    THAT flood affect many Not protected programs.

    And yes you need a fast link because each connection send 57 bytes of Random
    data.

    u n d e r g r o u n d  s e c u r i t y  s y s t e m s  r e s e a r c h
    http://www.ussrback.com