Re: The money: protocol in Internet Explorer

From: Microsoft Product Security Response Team (secureat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 09:35:41 PST

    Hi All -

    The "money:" protocol was designed to allow Money to integrate with
    web-based offerings like MoneyCentral.  It allows Money to be started and
    navigated, but is designed to always require user approval via a dialogue
    before taking any action.  We believe there's no security issue here, but
    are doing a full investigation anyway, just to ensure that this is the case.
    Regards,

    Secureat_private