Warning to Bugtraq posters.

From: Steven Alexander (steveat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 08:48:53 PST

    After my last post to bugtraq (Re: w00w00....) I received a message
    pertaining to be from myself with the same subject line.  The messsage
    contained an attachment program named goal.exe.  It claimed that this
    program was from messagemates.com.  If the program is run it will give an
    error message about an unfound .DLL.  It will also create a new goal.exe in
    "C:\WINNT\" and an entry in the registry named "tpawen" with the value
    "C:\WINNT\goal.exe /x" under
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run".  I don't
    know what this program is, I am disassembling it now and will post again
    later.  The header from the message I received indicates that the mail was
    received by my mail server from "stu.chesapeake.net, 205.130.220.9".  If
    anyone knows anything more please email me.

    -steven alexander