Re: Groupewise Web Interface

From: Richard Beels (beelsat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 13:29:18 PST

    It doesn't mean status anything.  It means that the server abended but
    NetWare partitioned the memory/error, recovered and kept chugging along
    (This functionality had been present since NW4.10 or 4.11).  The number in
    parans will/would be incremented as/if abends continue.  Depending on what
    was happening when the abend happened, what else is running on the server,
    etc...  you can be perfectly fine or have a system that will need to be
    bounced.  Most people feel better if the server gets bounced at the next
    off-hours/maintenance timeslot.

    At 04:01 PM 12/22/99 ,  Randy Mclean was inspired to say:
    >I just tested it on our server and when i did the "GWWEB.EXE?<very long
    >string here>" The server console claimed it had a critical error. It seemed
    >to work fine, but the server remained in status 1(with <1> by the server
    >prompt). I didn't notice any problems with system or groupwise, even the
    >web access still worked after the error. This dose seem like something that
    >dose need to be fixed, but not as critical as something that actually
    >causes a server to abend. BTW I'm currently running Netware 5 with sp3a
    >netscape web server and groupwise 5.5. I hope my input helps ya. Good luck
    >
    >At 04:57 PM 12/21/99 -0500, Sacha Faust Bourque wrote:
    >>did you actually saw it crash or it just froze.
    >>We did some testing like that and we found that GRoupeWise froze
    >>but eventually came back .
    <snipped>

    Cheers,
    	Richard Beels
    	Novell Consulting
    	Philadelphia, PA
    	http://consulting.novell.com

    	"Friends don't let friends use active directory."