SECURITY ALERT - WAR FTP DAEMON ALL VERSIONS

From: Jarle Aase (jgaaat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 03:41:05 PST

    There has been reported a serious security problem with War FTP Daemon 1.70. The problem may also affect 1.6* and previous versions.

    I am currently researching the problem, and will post an upgrade for 1.6* within 24 hours if that version is affected. A fix for 1.70 is in the works, but will not be available in a few days.

    I STRONGLY ADVICE ALL SERVER OPERATORS TO TAKE THE SERVER OFF-LINE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

    I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this problem.

    Jarle