Re: Flaw in 3c59x.c or in Kernel?

From: Sonny Parlin (parlinat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 07:16:57 PST

    The only problem I have with ifconfiging down/up is that every time I've run
    my test, the machine completely locks, no keyboard, no nothing... So
    ifconfig is not an option at that point. Unfortunately, when it crashes, it
    crashes BIG. Also, I should have mentioned in my first mail that when using
    the 3com driver, this problem goes away. I haven't had a chance to look at
    the differences yet, but I'm sure someone will now..   I don't believe the
    3com driver ships with any distros (well, at least not redhat), so it's
    still a pretty serious problem to consider.

    -Sonny