Info on some security holes reported against SCO Unixware.

From: Aaron Sigel (aaronsat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 05:07:49 PST

    Greetings,

    Recent Bugtraq posts have exposed security holes with a couple
    packages distributed with SCO's Skunkware CD.  These packages
    are:
            majordomo (wrapper, resend)
            orion (pis, mkpis)

    These issues are security holes in the distributed versions of these
    packages, and are not SCO security holes.

    Furthermore, on a system with all of the security patches installed,
    the distributed exploit for components of orion (pis, mkpis) will not
    even work.

    Still, we do recognize that these issues come up from time to time
    in open licensed software that we do not control or maintain.  This is
    precisely the reason for the Skunkware disclaimer.

    To quote the Skunkware disclaimer:

            Remember, Skunkware is freely distributed and unsupported software. No
            warranty is made on any of the Skunkware components. Support and
            assistance with this software is not provided by SCO.

    Updated versions will appear on the SCO skunkware site
    (http://www.sco.com/skunkware) as they come available
    and as they get built for SCO platforms.

    --
    Aaron Sigel, Secure Technologies Group, SCO - aaronsat_private