Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-005)

From: Tabor J. Wells (twellsat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:20:54 PST

    On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 10:54:18AM -0600,
    bugtraqat_private <bugtraqat_private> is thought to have said:

    > 	Interesting that this is not a part of Windows 98's Windows
    > Update.  If it was a serious enough vulnerability to fix you would think
    > that it would also be easy to download and install without subscribing to
    > any security related lists.  :>
    >
    > 	_John

    You snipped right above the note:

    NOTE: The Windows 95 and 98 versions of the patch will also be available
    via WindowsUpdate shortly. When this happens, we will modify the bulletin
    to note this fact.

    which is pretty normal for Microsoft. Unfortunately "shortly" seems like
    it is rarely actually short.

    Tabor

    Tabor J. Wells                                     twellsat_private
    Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality