Re: FW: Security Vulnerability with SMS 2.0 Remote Control

From: Maniac . (m_a_n_i_a_c_at_private)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 14:24:22 PST

    This was originally reported back in December on another mailing list (Win2K
    Security Advice).  Basically, as Frank suggested this isn't really a huge
    security issue as proper ACL settings will guard against this problem.  But
    it is important that people running SMS 2.0 are aware of this hole.

    Probably another oversight on Microsoft's part, why would they not have the
    install process of SMS 2.0 on each client take care of this.  Hopefully they
    will decide to fix this in the next SMS 2.0 SP.

    >Subject: FW: Security Vulnerability with SMS 2.0 Remote Control

    -==-Man!ac-==-
    "I don't intend to offend, I offend with my intent"