stream.c/raped.c tests (just for stats)

From: Vanja Hrustic (vanjaat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:01:37 PST

    Hi. Since everybody will probably start submitting the 'results' of
    stream.c/raped.c testing, I'll do it too :)

    Absolutelly nothing (except usual 'bandwidth rape' DoS against poor
    10Mbit LAN link :) has happened to following systems:

    Linux 2.2.13 (RH 6.1 based)
    Linux 2.2.14 (RH 6.1 based)
    HP-UX 10.20
    Windows NT Server 4.0

    I've left stream/raped running for more than 10 minutes against all
    those systems, and only HP-UX had CPU usage above normal (around 50% was
    used). However, that HP-UX box is so old that any higher load of traffic
    will cause it to go to 50% of CPU :)

    I've tried both 'modified' (TH_ACK flag set) and original stream.c.
    Nothing at all. Raped.c - nothing at all.

    I don't know if it makes any difference, but all Linux boxes have
    OpenWall patch (Solar Designer's) applied.

    No need to publish this. It's just for stats, if anybody is collecting
    it.

    --

    Vanja Hrustic
    The Relay Group