RFPoison is not a trojan, and the source will prove it

From: .rain.forest.puppy. (rfpat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 13:44:52 PST

    It seems an AVP trojan signature has been pegging RFPoison.exe (the one
    available on my website, PacketStorm, etc) as Trojan.Win32.Aleph.  I can't
    find any information on this trojan.  My personal feeling is that it's a
    false alarm, but in any event, I wanted to make amends.

    I placed a new .zip/.exe on my site that contains a freshly-compiled
    version that does not report as being Trojan.Win32.Aleph.  As a bonus, I
    also made the source code available, so you can compile yourself.  I also
    modified the source (and therefore the new binary) to not reboot/crash
    when you use it.

    Thank you, you may now go about your business.
    - rain.forest.puppy