Re: S/Key & OPIE Database Vulnerability

From: Mudge (mudgeat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 13:11:46 PST

    Theoretically I agree whole heartedly.

    In practice we were engaged in an audit and would not have been succesful
    without the seed (I appologize for my terminology but I look at the
    decrementing counter as the counter and the fixed value for the iterations
    as the seed here).

    People need to learn from both the theoretical and the practical - neither
    work in a vacuum.

    cheers,

    .mudge