Re: "Strip Script Tags" in FW-1 can be circumvented

From: sporty o'one (sportyat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 05:00:09 PST

    considering how loose type the language is, and how much error correction
    is needed in html browsers, it is more of a firewall problem.  Using a
    string dtd for html for most people would fail miserably right off the
    bat.

    Besides, parsing for <.?*> recursively isn't the most intensive task in
    world.  Proof: any web browser does it...