Re: Evil Cookies.

From: Michael Bryan (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 22:30:39 PST

    On 2/8/00 at 4:24 PM Ari Gordon-Schlosberg wrote:

    >[Dylan Griffiths <Dylan_Gat_private>]
    >>
    >> A better solution would be explicit (ie: finer grained) control of cookies.
    >> Not as finely grained as the prompt option of Lynx, but more specific than
    >> the current Netscape settings.
    >
    >Actually, this is implemented in a rudimentary way in IE 5.x, with their
    >"zones" of security.  If you're interested, take a look at Mozilla's M13
    >milestone release.  It allows fine-grained control of cookiees, with its
    >"Never Accept Cookiees" domain/site list.  It also gives the user an
    >intuitive interface to actually browse their cookiees.  (Look in the Wallet
    >section).

    A cool shareware tool called "Cookie Pal" (http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html)
    gives you all sorts of excellent control over cookies, and works with several
    browsers.  Its biggest downside is that it's for Windows only.  I highly
    recommend checking it out if you're looking for better cookie management.

    --
    Michael Bryan
    bugtraqat_private