Re: NT Service Pack requirements (Bell Atlantic DSL)

From: Jonathan M. Bresler (jmbat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 05:47:44 PST

    > I just learned that Bell Atlantic (major ISP on the US East coast)
    > requires its Windows NT DSL customers to remove the latest service packs,
    > rolling back the installed service packs two levels (back to SP4), thus
    > re-installing all of the bugs and security holes corrected by the most
    > recent SPs.
    >
    > Bob Kline
    > mailto:bobklinat_private

      BellAtlantic uses a customized browser and java code to perform the
      registration of the new ADSL customers.  once registration has been
      completed one does not need to use windows.  i have been using
      FreeBSD to connect to my BellAtlantic ADSL with PPPoE account for
      the last two months.

      initial registration can only be done on windows95, 98, or NT
      sp3,4.

    jmb