New Allaire Security Zone Bulletin

From: Aleph One (aleph1at_private)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 18:06:24 PST

    Dear Allaire Customer --

    A new security issue that may affect Allaire customers has come to our attention recently. Please visit the Security Zone at the Allaire Web site to learn about this new issue and what actions you can take to address this issue:

    http://www.allaire.com/security

    This week we posted the following new Allaire Security Bulletin:

    ADDED:

    ASB00-05: Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability Information for Allaire Customers
    Security Best Practice Article 14558: Validating Browser Input

    As a Web application platform vendor, one of our highest concerns is the security of the systems our customers deploy. We understand how important security is to our customers, and we're committed to providing the technology and information customers need to build secure Web applications. Thank you for your time and consideration on this issue.

    -- Security Response Team, Allaire Corporation

    P.S. As a reminder, Allaire has set up an email address that customers can use to report security issues associated with an Allaire product: secureat_private

    Allaire's Privacy Policy
    Allaire respects the Web and the privacy of those who use it. We do not rent or sell our mailing list to anyone. Only Allaire or one of our authorized partners or resellers will contact you in regards to Allaire products or related services. You may request at any time to be removed from our email list by sending an email to removeat_private with the subject "REMOVE."

    You can see the full text of our Privacy Policy at: http://www.allaire.com/privacy