Re: Timbuktu Pro 2.0b650 DoS

From: deepquestat_private
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 17:03:07 PST

    >Hello,
    >This problem also exists on 5.2.1 on the Macintosh platform.
    >Regards,
    >DaleW

    We tested on 2 computers both ver. 5.2.1 and 5.2.2
    computers : Imac 233, Imac 333 powerbook G3 400mhz
    OS:			Mac 8.6, MacOS 9
    tools: telnet, and port thrash (from team2600)
    remote connections:  407 (authentification port used by
    timbuktu), 1417 up to 1420.

    connection time: simple connection to those 5 ports then use
    of the software, uses of port thrash connection to those 5
    ports then send of random datas.

    Effect: nothing, right after we we're able to use it.
    Plus the structure of timbuktu on Mac and Win 9* or NT is
    diferent, it uses extensions on mac, it looks like more a
    *.dll than a service on NT.Some software can be started as a
    service not NT, an extension cannot (AFAK) be started as an
    software on MacOS or a software as a extension.
    ./eot

    Deepquest
    "I saw win 98 or better on the box, I had a mac and openbsd"
    http://www.deepquest.pf
    PGP DH/DSS Public Keys http://www.deepquest.pf/pgp/
    ACPO Tactical Adviser
    ACPO http://www.antichildporn.org