Re: MS signed softwrare privileges

From: Bob Fiero (bfiero@BETHEL-CT.ORG)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 19:36:06 PST

    At 04:35 PM 2/22/2000 +0000, you wrote:
    >I would like to clarify some aspects from the Elias post
    >regarding Microsoft signed software.

    With this in mind...I really wish that a favorite Win98 utility of mine,
    98Lite, would get some more airtime. (http://www.98lite.net) This latest
    stab in the back of every Windows user by M$ only further drills home the
    reasons.

    I firmly believe that IE on a Windows machine, in itself is a bug. (And
    then some) With the use of 98Lite and three files from Win95, I have a full
    Win98 system without a trace of IE or Outlook. My system runs faster
    (measurable with WinBench), a high degree of an increase in stability, and
    is much much more secure.

    Despite what Microsoft says, Internet Explorer harms consumers. I really
    hope for our sake the DOJ gets the job done right this time.