Re: Local / Remote D.o.S Attack in InterAccess TelnetD Server

From: Edith Myers (emyersat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 14:41:37 PST

    There is a FIX for InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 on Pragma Systems Web
    site  www.pragmasys.com/TelnetD

    In the left frame select "Get the latest version of InterAccess TelnetD
    Product" and download the latest version (if you are a current user) or
    "Download InterAccess TelnetD Trial"

    If you download this, then you should not encounter the problem.

    At 06:37 PM 02/24/2000 -0300, you wrote:

    >Local/Remote D.o.S Attack in InterAccess TelnetD Server Release 4.0
    >*ALL BUILDS* for Windows95/98/WinNT Vulnerability
    >
    >USSR Advisory Code:   USSR-2000034
    >
    >Release Date:
    >February 24 2000
    >
    >Systems Affected:
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for WinNT and others versions.
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for Windows95/98 and others versions.
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 4 for WiNT
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 5 for WiNT
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 6 for WiNT
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 7 for WiNT (Release 4.0   Build
    >Jan  5 2000)
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for Windows95/98 Build 3
    >InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for Windows95/98 Build (Release 4.0
    >Build Jan  6 2000)
    >

    >THE PROBLEM
    >
    >UssrLabs found a Local / Remote DOS Attack, The code that handles the
    >Terminal client configurations to the
    >Telnet server in the connection procedure, has an unchecked size that
    >cause the TelnetD Service Crash.
    >
    >Binary or source for this D.O.S:
    >http://www.ussrback.com/telnetd/dostelnetd.exe  (binary)
    >http://www.ussrback.com/telnetd/dostelnetd.zip  (Source)
    >
    >Vendor Status:
    >We show to the vendor the d.o.s Problem and the vendor think we
    >pinging to the machine, so,
    >that is like Vendor not contacted :)
    >
    >Vendor   Url: http://www.pragmasys.com/
    >Program Url: http://www.pragmasys.com/TelnetD/
    >Program Url: http://www.pragmasys.com/Telnet95/
    >
    >Credit: USSRLABS
    >
    >SOLUTION
    >Contact Pragma Systems.
    >

    >NOTE:
    >We try help pragma people to show their program is vulnerable to
    >D.o.S attack, and the only responce of
    >pragma was "STOP PING SERVER", so we decide release the advisory.
    >

    >Greetings:
    >Eeye, Attrition, w00w00, beavuh, Rhino9, ADM, HNN, Technotronic and
    >Wiretrip.
    >
    >u n d e r g r o u n d  s e c u r i t y  s y s t e m s  r e s e a r c
    >http://www.ussrback.com

    Director of Marketing & Operations      Tel:  512-219-7270
    Pragma Systems, Inc.                        Fax: 512-219-7110
    http://www.pragmasys.com

        ^     ^
       ^ ^   ^ ^
         O  O